Over the years, liposuction cosmetic surgery has made its mark as a safe, reliable, and effective treatment to remove excess fat from human body.
Many individuals like the possibility of getting a one-time surgery that can make their body shape a lot better without struggling vainly with dieting and exercise. However, even after becoming so popular, there are many facts about liposuction that are still not known by many people.
Let’s discover some amazing facts about liposuction surgery.
- Fact #1 – You can choose to get liposuction almost anywhere on your body. This surgery is performed almost anywhere on the body. Targeted body contouring is possible with liposuction and the treatment can be customized depending on the needs of the patient. Some of the most sought-after areas for liposuction are:
- upper arms
- lower legs
- on cheeks
- along the jawline
- Fact #2 – Liposuction removes fat permanently. The fat extracted through this surgery is permanently removed from the body. However, if a patient starts eating excessively and doesn’t lead a healthy lifestyle, then there’s a possibility that the treated area could accumulate more fat. However, patients who maintain a healthy body weight after liposuction can expect permanent outcomes.
- Fact #3 – Liposuction is not to lose weight. Keep in mind that this surgery is a body shaping treatment, and not meant for weight loss. The fat quantity that can be extracted with this cosmetic surgery may be around only 2 to 3 kilos less. However, for individual who are close to their ideal weight, liposuction can be used to remove stubborn pockets of fat from different areas. This helps you to remove fat from unwanted area and gives you a more attractive figure.
- Fact #4 – Where all the extracted fat goes? In some cases your cosmetic surgeon might inject the fat extracted from one body area to another, possibly for cosmetic treatment s like buttock enhancer or face filler.
- Fact #5 – Individuals who experience the ill effects of an edema (swelling) problem, which happens because of certain lymph fluids accumulation in the tissues, can get liposuction to resolve the issue.
- Fact #6 – General anaesthesia is required in major liposuction surgeries. So, you’ll be unconscious during the treatment and feel no pain at all. You may have to stay at the cosmetic clinic for couple of days, but the exact number of the days will be determined only by the surgeon after reviewing your health condition.
- Fact #7 – Liposuction is ideal for removing fat from spots where other approaches fail. It’s true that this surgery can successfully eliminate fat from body parts, especially from abdomen and thighs where diet and exercise cannot. Many people don’t achieve success in reducing weight from certain body parts, even after exercising and dieting on a regular basis. For such people, liposuction can prove to be a real blessing.