- No matter how young you may feel on the inside, drooping eyelids and eye bags can put years on you.
- Blepharoplasty surgery (blepharoplasty) removes the drooping skin of upper eyelids, eliminates eye bags and tightens the lower eyelid skin.
- Blepharoplasty surgery can make people look younger and less tired.
- Fortunately, significant complications from Blepharoplasty are infrequent.
As the skin continues to age, it loses its elasticity which results in wrinkles, creases & folds in Upper & Lower Eyelid. Also, there is a slackening of the muscles beneath the skin, which allows the peri orbital fat to protrude forward, giving the baggy eye look!
Blepharoplasty can correct these problems. Additional procedures may be required if the eyebrows are hanging, pigmented circles, crows feet.
FAQS ABOUT BLEPHAROPLASTY
Am I a candidate for Blepharoplasty?
- Excess skin in the upper eyelid obscuring the natural fold or perhaps impairing vision.
- Excess skin & wrinkles in lower eyelid
- Puffy/ baggy eyes giving a tired & aged look.
- Lower lid laxity.
What is Blepharoplasty procedure?
In Blepharoplasty, excess skin along with protruding fat is excised, through an external skin incision. Initially, there is swelling but it regresses gradually in few weeks. The scars fade with time.This gives a young & refreshed look.
What Additional procedures may be required?
- If there is sagging of eyebrows also then a forehead lift is recommended.
- For pigmented circles around the eye, chemical peeling or Laser resurfacing will help.
- For Crow’s feet / Laughter lines, Botox is recommended.
How do we proceed with Blepharoplasty surgery?
- Consultation with the Cosmetic surgeon, you will be asked to get a few blood tests done, to ascertain your general fitness for surgery.
- Blepharoplasty is a day care procedure. You are asked to come to the clinic in the morning.
- It is done under Local anesthesia + sedation. The surgery last 1-2 hrs on average
- You will be shifted to your room after that. You can go back home in the evening.
- You will be asked not to strain your eyes & avoid vigorous eyelid movements for two weeks.
- There will be some Post operative Swelling& be bruising around the eyes, but it settles down gradually.
- First, follow up on the 3rd day after surgery.
- After that, you will be called on the 6th day for stitch removal.
When can I resume my normal activities?
What is the cost of Blepharoplasty procedure?
Harleys Clinic is the most cost-effective destination for your procedure. Here Procedures are performed as per International standards at Indian prices.