It’s a dream of every woman to defy age, and look young & beautiful for a really long time. However, this is not as easy as it sounds. Our difficult lives and different lifestyle choices, and how we take care of our skin play a great role in postponing the signs of ageing. Eventually we have to agree to the change that comes with ageing, which is both natural and inevitable.
The ageing process that occurs in our body, especially on our face happens due to a variety of reasons.
- Time normally inflicts significant damage
- Extended exposure to the harmful rays of the sun results in a breakdown of elastin strands
- Hormonal changes in women. Post-menopausal age can see the loss in thickness of the skin
- Smoking and alcohol consumption – Smokers and alcoholics have a greater number of wrinkles than non-smokers.
- Wrinkles and fine lines are also caused by repetitive muscle movement.
- Redundant muscle development can cause lines and wrinkles
- Wrinkles – These are actually depression in the surface of the skin that can appear fine or coarse.
- Fine Lines – These are shallow and appear in areas where excess facial movements are made like, eyes, mouth and upper lips, from squinting, eating, drinking, smoking and laughing.
- Deep Set Wrinkles – These are also known as expression lines, and appear on forehead, mouth, and the corners of the eyes, which usually occur due to frowning, smiling and raising your eyebrows.
Botox treatment is likely the most viable and result-oriented anti-ageing and anti wrinkle treatment that you can these days. Just like other types of infusions, Botox might cause some small amount of discomfort, so cosmetic surgeons use topical anaesthesia for around ten minutes to numb the area before the treatment begins.
Then the surgeon will infuse Botox into the skin and it briefly relaxes the muscles. Botox surgery is safe, fast, convenient, and most importantly affordable. With 15 to 20 minutes, the treatment will be completed, and a few may take a bit more time. The outcomes of this surgery may last for at least 3 to 4 months.
Wrinkles and fine lines are a natural part of the ageing process, and these are actually folds and creases that appear on the skin. The main reason behind the appearance of facial wrinkles are the repetitive movements utilised when people make their facial expressions, and after some time they start appearing like crow’s feet, frown lines and other types of ageing lines.
Lines around the mouth and lips begin to show up when we suck up the lips while smoking or drinking. The skin also has to face exposure each day to different weather components, like the UV rays from the sun, strong winds, dirt and pollution in the atmosphere. This is why it has become inevitable that the quality of your skin will degrade eventually in many ways.