NOSE JOB OVERVIEW
- In Rhinoplasty, the nose is reshaped so that it looks natural and blends harmoniously with the rest of the face.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) can provide significant enhancement to the appearance of the nose for both men and women.
- Through nose reshaping rhinoplasty surgery, you’ll be able to change features that you many not like about your nose.
Nose reshaping surgery also known as rhinoplasty is one of India’s most popular cosmetic procedure. Through nose reshaping rhinoplasty surgery, you’ll be able to change features that you many not like about your nose, such as flared nostrils or irregular bumps. And with a nose that’s more aesthetically pleasing to you, you could soon be a happier and more confident person.
Nose reshaping is for anyone who finds that their nose is out of proportion to their other facial features. Nose is the centre and the most prominent part of your face. Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) can provide significant enhancement to the appearance of the nose for both men and women
In Rhinoplasty, nose is reshaped so that it looks natural and blends harmoniously with rest of face.
You may be a candidate if-
- your nose is large/ wide with relation to your face.
- there is a bump on your nasal bridge.
- Nose is asymmetrical or crooked/ depressed ( saddle nose)
- Nasal tip droops or plunges/ is thickened and enlarged.
On consultation, surgeon will evaluate and as per your requirements decide what can be realistically achieved. Breathing problems if any should be mentioned to the consulting surgeon.
Few blood tests need to be done to ascertain your general fitness for surgery. Rhinoplasty is a day care procedure and you can go back home in evening. It is done under Local/General Anesthesia. The surgery last 1-2hrs on an average.
In open rhinoplasty, an incision is placed on the columella, which extends inside the nose whereas in closed rhinoplasty, incision is placed inside the nose , no incision is placed on the columella.
Open Rhinoplasty approach offers complete anatomic exposure and direct binocular view of the nasal framework deformity, which makes the reconstruction of desired nasal framework & nasal shape easy. The only criticism is a trans columellar scar. But by practical viewpoint, the distinct advantages of 6mm trans columellar incision outweighs it’s disadvantages.
In case of saddle nose or other deformities, in which nose needs to be built up in certain areas, a nasal septal cartilage or bone or cartilage from another site or commonly an artificial implant ( Silicone/Porex) may be used.
On 7th day for suture removal.
There will be a dressing splint over the nose for 7 days, to prevent accidental bumping of your nose. For another 2 weeks you need to wear that splint during the night.
You can resume your normal house routine from the next day. But may have to avoid office because of the dressing splint!
Scar are hidden across the columella which is hardly noticeable (in open rhinoplasty), or in the natural crease where the nose joins the cheeks.
It may take up to 3 months after the surgery.
- Reactions to Anaesthesia/ Drugs
- Hematoma(Blood collection)/ Seroma requiring drainage
- Infection requiring Higher Antibiotics
- Minor Asymmetry which may require some touch up Procedure
- Flap Necrosis
At Harleys Clinic, we take full aseptic precautions & standard surgical protocols are followed to minimize the incidence of any such unfortunate complications.
Harleys Clinic is the most cost effective destination for your procedure. Here Procedures are performed as per International standards at Indian prices.