Chemical peel also known as skin peel is a cosmetic treatment is used to remove the outer layers of the skin. Various types of chemical solutions are used in this procedure by surgeons of cosmetic surgery clinic in Mumbai.
What happens in chemical peel?
Before a skin peel treatment in Mumbai, you need to follow a pre-peel skin care plan for about 2 to 3 weeks. By implementing this plan, you can improve the results and chances of potential side effects are reduced, if any. The best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai will ensure that all the necessary precautions are taken.
On the day of the treatment your face will be prepared for it and this will begin by cleansing the skin thoroughly. If you choose a deep peel procedure then general anaesthesia will be given and it is performed in a surgical setting.
After that, your cosmetic surgeon will apply the peel evenly and quickly. Your skin will be monitored closely to ensure that the peel is removed at just the right time. In deep skin peel, treatment is only done at one small section in every session. This reduces the chances of side effects on the heart and lungs.
What should be done after getting a chemical peel?
Skin peel or chemical peel is performed by a cosmetic surgeon in cosmetic surgery clinic in Mumbai. Here are some tips given by expert surgeons to get the best results from the skin peel treatment:
- Apply a good quality moisturizer to keep your skin supple and moist because the skin might get scars if it is naturally dry.
- Immediately contact the cosmetic surgeon, if your skin swells, itches, or burns.
- Do not rub or scratch skin which is treated with a chemical peel as it can cause an infection.
- Avoid tanning bed or other similar type of indoor tanning as it stops the skin to heal properly.
- Apply sunscreen every day after your skin heals completely as it will help in maintaining the treatment results.
When will the results become visible?
You will easily see the results, once the skin heals completely. The time duration for healing ranges from 1 day 14 days. This depends largely on the type of skin peel treatment you choose for as healing takes longer in deep peel. To get the best results, it’s recommended that you go for 3 to 5 peels. The results of skin peel treatment in Mumbai done by the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai are long lasting, but not permanent because human skin continues to age.