Breast Lift Surgery
- Commonly referred to as a mastopexy surgery raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
- A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness.
- A breast lift surgery can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is youthful and uplifted.
- Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size or round out the upper part of your breast.
Sagging down of the Breast & loss of Firmness is a common squeal to pregnancy & Motherhood. Loss of Weight, Ageing & effect of Gravity can also cause drooping of Breast. In Mastopexy (Breast lift) surgery it’s possible to reshape the Breast so that they look more youthful & feel more firm. While some women may have lost a significant amount of Breast volume also, in such patients Implants inserted in conjunction with the Breast lift will result in a more youthful Breast contour.
FAQS Breast Lift Surgery
Am I a candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
- If you have Pendulous Breast.
- Breast ptosis i.e. Nipple& Areola pointing downwards & positioned below Inframammary crease.
- Sometimes in Asymmetric Breast.
- Breast lift surgery is commonly done after women have completed their family. However, it can be done in younger females also with explained chances of subsequent changes later.
Will my Breast look good after surgery?
During Consultation, you will be asked about your desired Breast shape. This will help the surgeon to understand your expectations. The surgeon will assess size & shape of your Breasts, the position of Nipple & Areola, Quality of skin & determine what realistically can be achieved. The surgeon will then help you understand approximately the Shape & position of Nipple-Areola that can be achieved after the procedure.
What is Breast Lift surgery?
In Breast Lift Surgery, the Breasts are remodelled into a tighter cone, the excess skin is removed & Nipple Areola complex is positioned higher up. If Enlarged, the Nipple Areola complex is decreased to normal size. And if volume enhancement is desired, Implants are placed beneath the tightened Breast.
There are many variations in the design of the incision for Breast Lift Surgery, popularly known as Wise pattern Mastopexy / Vertical scar pattern. Depending on size & shape of your Breast, size of nipple Areola complex & extent of ptosis, the surgeon will determine which technique will be suitable for you. The surgeon will accordingly explain you the procedure.
How do I proceed with breast lift surgery?
- After Consultation with the surgeon, you will be asked to get a few blood tests done, to ascertain your general fitness for breast lift surgery.
- Breast Lift Surgery is a day care procedure. You are asked to come to the clinic in the morning.
- It is done under General Anesthesia. The breast lift surgery last 2-3hrs on average.
- You will be shifted to your room after that. Your Breast would be wrapped in gauze dressings.
- You can go back home in the evening.
- There may be some Postoperative Swelling & bruising over the chest, but it settles down fast.
First, follow up on the 3rd day after surgery. Your gauze dressings will be changed & you will be asked to wear support/ sports bra for at least 1-3 months.
After that, you will be called on the 7th day for stitch removal.
When can I resume my normal activities?
You can resume your personal chorus in the evening. But we advise you to keep your activities restricted for at least 3 days.
Vigorous movements of the arm may be restricted for a few weeks.
What can go wrong with breast lift surgery?
- Every year thousands of women undergo successful breast Lift surgery, however, anyone considering breast lift surgery should be aware of risks associated with the procedure
- Reactions to Anesthesia/ Drugs.
- Hematoma(Blood collection)/ Seroma requiring drainage.
- Infection requiring Higher Antibiotics.
- Recurrent Infection, requiring temporary removal of Implant.
- Flap necrosis
What is the cost of breast lift surgery?
Harleys Cosmetic Clinic in Mumbai is the most cost-effective destination for your breast lift surgery. Here Procedures are performed as per International standards at Indian prices.