- A Hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy or Restoration of the Hymenal Ring is essentially a procedure wherein using different surgical techniques, we can repair and tighten the hymen to a more intact, virgin-like state. In most cases, the surgery is virtually undetectable after healing.
FAQS ABOUT HYMENOPLASTY
The hymen is a thin, delicate membrane in the vagina. Comparable to skin but much thinner and consisting of elastic and fibrous tissue. It partially covers the opening (introitus) of the vagina in most girls.
In adult virginal women, the hymen surrounds the vaginal opening more or less completely.
The social function of the hymen, however, has been and still is a mythical symbol of virginity in many cultures.
Rupture of the hymen
- Rupture of the hymen normally occurs during the first intercourse (coitus) or rape. But there are also many girls and teens who inadvertently manage to tear, or otherwise dilate, their hymens; for instance:
- During sports like bicycling, horseback riding, gymnastics or other contact sports.
- While Inserting tampons.
- In case of a wide or elastic hymen, the hymen may not be lacerated even with repeated coitus, particularly in case of a thin penis. In fact, many cases of pregnancy have been reported in women in whom the hymen has not been ruptured. Some women are born without even a trace of a hymen.
Virgin: restoring virginity?
Restoration of the Hymen
- Simple repair: Restoring the hymen consists of piecing together the remnants by closing the tear. It is a very simple procedure that must be done three to seven days before the wedding. The tissue is simply pulled together. The result is not meant to last. In this type of surgery, definite healing is rare because the hymen is relatively avascular.
- Hymen reconstruction: When the hymenal remnants are insufficient, then definitive repair is undertaken by approximating the undermined hymen remnants or a vaginal flap. This produces vascular bands across the vaginal opening.
- The procedure can be done under local anesthetic and as a day case surgery.
- The process takes one to two hours, and patients can return to work the next day. The sutures are dissolvable. Most patients are very happy indeed after having had their hymens restored.
What is the cost of the Hymenoplasty procedure In Mumbai?
Harleys clinic is the most cost-effective destination for your Hymenoplasty procedure In Mumbai.Here Procedures are performed as per International standards at Indian prices.