Why people want to get their tattoo removed 08 Oct 2018
All You Need to Know About Skin Polishing (Microdermabrasion)
Botox Treatment | Cosmetic Surgeon | Cosmetic Surgery | Cosmetic Surgery Clinic |
Professional skin polishing, (medically known as Microdermabrasion) is a cosmetic treatment done to achieve effective skin rejuvenation. The removal of dead skin cells gently develops an ideal condition to provide a highly for effective nutrition to the deeper layers of the skin.
Microdermabrasion at Harleys Cosmetic Surgery clinic in Mumbai, offers the ultimate solution for skin peeling. It is a gentle and controlled procedure, which is highly effective and suitable for every skin type. After the treatment is done, the skin will start looking fresh and rosy; the results will improve after every treatment.
This process polishes, exfoliates, and helps to increase the lymphatic drainage of skin. A gentle vacuum is used to gently remove the top layer of dead skin by bringing your skin in contact with crystals. This procedure is used to treat different types of skin conditions like acne, blackheads (Comedones), and rough or dull skin. This treatment is generally done on face, but it can also be done on hands, back and neck of a person.
Some Quick Facts About Skin Polishing (Microdermabrasion)
- It is done for different skin conditions such as acne scars or to improve rough or dull skin
- It takes around 30 to 45 minutes and few sessions are needed for optimal results
- Redness on the skin appear after the treatment, but that’s is temporary
- Skin Polishing (Microdermabrasion) is a completely safe and effective procedure
Skin Polishing is used for conditions such as scars, skin rejuvenation, stretch marks, uneven skin, sun light and age damaged skin, pigmentation disorders and hyperkeratosis. Generally, one session of microdermabrasion of the face takes around thirty to forty five minutes. It’s not painful at all and you would feel like getting a facial.
Before the treatment is started, a face will be cleaned properly and thoroughly. Various types of creams and serums are then applied on the face multiple times. After the treatment is over, your face may turn a bit red and may remain like that for a short time. Later, the redness will go away, and the skin will start to feel soft and smooth.
Some tips for Skin Polishing (Microdermabrasion)
- Stop all types of applications 2 days before the treatment
- Apply Sunscreen on a regular basis
- Share all your medical history before undergoing the treatment
- Avoid any type of makeup on the day of the treatment
- Direct sun exposure should be avoided for a few hours. Apply sun screen lotions before venturing outdoors
- At least for 7 days after the treatment, completely avoid saunas, steam and sunbathing
- Avoid makeup for 3 days
- A gap of 3-4 weeks should be maintained between the microdermabrasion sessions